Legal notices and terms and conditons
- Ctrl O Limited
- Registered in England & Wales 08826252
- VAT GB 181006345
- 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX
For public sector, transaction specific terms and conditions are governed by the contract or framework agreements and documentation entered into in relation to the specific transaction. To review our terms in anticipation of a transaction, please refer to the relevant listing on the Digital Marketplace
In the absence of transaction specific terms and conditions the following terms and conditions apply to all interaction with Ctrl O Ltd, this website, Ctrl O Ltd's products and services and all communications, data and information provided to or by Ctrl O Ltd.
General terms and conditons
Ctrl O Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2. scope of policy
- Any software software (Software) available on http://www.ctrlo.com (Website).
- Any software developed by Ctrl O Limited.
- Any of the services accessible through the Software (Services) that are available on the Website.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Ctrl O Limited of 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX.
3. information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: information that you provide about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Software or any of the Services, subscribing to any of the Services or requesting further services. This also includes any information you provide by filling in any forms on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Device and computer information: We may collect information about the device or any computer you may use to access the Software, including, where available, the device’s or computer’s unique identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, for the purpose of system administration. We may associate device or computer information with Submitted Information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Log information: when you use the Services or view content on the Website, We may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
5. where We store your personal data
6. uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (including relevant ones from third-parties), where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, We will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data (either the relevant order form or registration form).
7. disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ctrl O Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Ctrl O Limited our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Software or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
9. access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.